The fruits of the clove tree was in ancient times and the Middle Ages a particularly valuable remedies and of course a welcome used spice. Together with the pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg they were originally native to the Philippines. Meanwhile, the clove tree is planted in Sri Lanka, Indonesia and Malaysia.
You probably know the carnation as aromatic spice. But the carnation is not only a spice but that is commonly used in Indian and Chinese culture for medical purposes also a remedy. The cloves, also known as clove bud, are now around the world popular, and this popularity began in the Middle Ages, when it was discovered its health benefits in the 7th century with us.
How many other spices you can make an essential oil also from cloves. Although the clove oil is not as popular as other essential oils, but it is worth a closer look.
Thus, the clove oil was already known in times of ancient Greeks and Romans, who used this oil to relieve toothache so and so vorgingen against bad breath.
The same applications also knew the ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine.
Today, the clove oil is valued for his skills for oral health.
The essential oil is ever since the Middle Ages known as a dental anesthetic, today it is also found more often in mouthwashes and gargles in. It helps against toothache and against mouth and throat infections.
The Clove is still one of the most popular spices, which knows almost everyone.
The cloves used to be so valuable that they even fought wars for them.
In the fourth century the Arabs brought the carnation to Europe, where they quickly took their triumphant. In medicine of the Middle Ages used the carnation because of its antiseptic effect as a valuable disinfectant, they were very grateful that there was this means in the times of the great epidemics.
Today one often uses cloves a toothache, almost everyone knows the advice that one should bite with a toothache on a carnation, so the pain goes. The clove help but also in other diseases of the mouth and throat.
In the Middle Ages used the clove, specifically the oil of clove, and for Obstetrics.
The essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of the buds. Sometimes clove oil is also gaining from the leaves of the clove tree, but the better is the oil from the bud.
The clove oil has a strong disinfecting effect, it triggers spasms and relieves pain, it helps against bloating, it strengthens the body and the mind, it stimulates us and strengthens the uterus.
The oil has a disinfecting effect on the skin and has proven itself in superficial skin wounds, for example, abrasions, insect bites, with suppurating wounds and even warts. The clove oil also helps with bloating and diarrhea, generally even with gastrointestinal complaints. And finally, it stimulates our brain, for example, if we need to pursue long and hard intellectual work, for example, in testing times when it helps us to concentrate better on the tasks.
The oil also helps with the following health problems: Toothache, gingivitis, dental care, gastrointestinal upset, diarrhea, bloating, lack of menstruation, insect repellent, disinfecting wounds, festering wounds, mental fatigue, difficulty concentrating, memory impairment.
The oil of clove can help, among others, in the following areas:
- Digestive aid cloves relax the smooth muscles in the gastrointestinal tract. This is especially useful when one is suffering from digestive problems such as nausea and vomiting or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Skin Care For external use helps the oil for skin problems such as warts, acne, sagging skin and wrinkles.
- Insect repellents together with citrus oils the oil to keep insects away helps.
- Expectorant helps in relieving coughs, colds, sinus infections, asthma and even tuberculosis. In addition, chewing a clove bud can help a sore throat.
- Clove oil has antiseptic, it helps to treat fungal infections. It is therefore suitable for the treatment of athlete’s foot.
- Soap ingredient clove oil is also known for the production of soaps, because the scent relaxes and antiseptic properties are made for soaps.
- Massage oil , the oil can relieve pain and stress as a massage oil.
You should not use if pregnant clove oil, people with sensitive skin and children should avoid this oil also.